On today’s blog linkup, did you know that we have an audience? Yep, while we are fighting in the arena there are spectators watching….
And they’re cheering for us!
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses (see previous chapter), let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith…” Hebrews 12:1,2
1. Jesus is our inspiration; “looking unto Jesus” – keep your eye on the prize!
What could be better to receive at the end of our fight than Jesus Himself?
- He is the one who started and will end faith.
- He is the reason we can have patience.
2. Knowing that there are others watching should provoke us to fight even better.
- Laying aside every weight – not sins! since they are mentioned in the next phrase…simply things that might be holding you back from being at your best in top condition
- Laying aside our sin
Obstacles…they’ll slow you down. That’s really in the grand scheme what sin is…Satan’s way of throwing hurdles in your way, to either slow you down or get you out of the race completely. Don’t let your sin discourage you, when Christ has already given you victory!
Most of those cheering for us from beyond have been through far worse things than we ever will (if you read the previous chapter and the following verses). Don’t you think if they could endure all of that, we can do that much better?
But you know who is watching and cheering you the most? The One who loved you the most.
Joyin’ in Jesus!
Sign up to receive emails at the top and bottom of this page to get a free gift and more lovin’ after that!
Hashtag #warriorlinkup on social media; grab button for this linkup is located in the sidebar and on the warriors linkup menu tab above.
Leave your link here!