So y’all, I’m pretty excited about this….I got nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! Woot!
Thank you so much, Kate, for nominating me!
About my blog.
My blog is basically a launching point for my books that I’m hoping someday to have published. I wanted to have a place where I could connect with readers and where they could become familiar not only with my writings, but also with my love for my Jesus and them. Any good thing that I might write is quite simply something that He has given me, whether directly through His word and Spirit, or by gifting me everything I have as a person. I just want to do everything I can to show the world how wonderful He is, and writing is one way He has given me to do so. The name and theme for my blog comes from what I think we all need: to focus more on deepening our relationship with God and our knowledge of Him.
Advice to new bloggers.
- Make it you. One thing you will hear over and over in the blogging world is that God has given you a specific message to reach specific people, but I’m talking about the blog itself. Your blog should be an expression of how God made YOU. It may not be as pretty as someone else’s. It may not cover every homemaker’s dream of perfect recipes, cleaning tricks, and well-mannered children, because you suck at all of those. It may have black lightning bolts instead of pink flowers, but make it YOU. Your blog is your brand. If it looks like everyone else’s, others will assume that your blog is like everyone else’s. Show them who you are. (This doesn’t mean that it has to look like crap. You can be expressive and still have a sleek presentation and tasteful graphics.)
- Become an expert. I don’t blog for money, but if I did, I’d make a point of becoming an expert on my blog subject. If it’s your day job, then treat it as such. To build a customer base, to earn respect in that field, and to establish credibility, you have to make it more than every other run-of-the-mill blog out there. This doesn’t mean that you have to lose focus of your goal in making God and his glory the main thing, but if you are going to glorify God, why not make it good?
Awesome bloggers I nominate.
I’m not going to bother looking to see how many of these others have already been nominated. I just know that these bloggers have been a phenomenal blessing to me and I want to pass this on to them.
- Dani over at livingfreeindeed.com – has become a friend, is definitely my Jesus sister.
- Debbie McDaniel of debbiemcdaniel.com – has probably already been nominated, but she inspires me…as a pastor’s wife, mother of older children, and a writer…she has a gorgeous blog, a beautiful family, and a fantastic outreach.
- Marisa at calledtomothering.com – her posts are always so thorough and usually go beyond the typical advice, and her gracious spirit always convicts me to be a better mom.
- Lydia Borengasser at journeyoftheword.com – if you’re looking for some deep thoughts you’ve come to the right place. Every time I read a post here I’m encouraged to dig even deeper into God’s word for what else He’s got in store.
- Naomi over at 127living.com – this gal isn’t getting this award so much for her blog as for the focus of her entire site…she’s my gal, and her heart for kids and adoption and the beauty of families just moves me. It moves me because her strength is where I’m weak; she has an amazing overflow of joy and love for kids that I am sadly lacking!
- Kathryn Shirey of kathrynshirey.com – I’m nominating this blog because she has EVERYTHING on her site. I love how many resources she has available.
- April over at commonmercies.com – probably has no clue who I am but we went to the same college (not at the same time), and I know quite a few of her family members. She goes beyond in providing ways to make Christian living practically doable.
- Stephanie at iliterallylol.com – this is one of my best friends since high school, and she is all about ministry and being a mom over on her site. I couldn’t say enough about the support she’s given me in my blogging journey and how much I love her so I won’t try. 🙂
- Mrs. Gore’s Diary – this lady makes me laugh to the point that I cry, and yet you can tell she is the sweetest preacher’s wife ever.
- Kristen Welch from wearethatfamily.com – let me tell you, this woman can tell a story, and she runs an amazing non-profit. I feel silly even nominating her because it seems like she’s on a whole ‘nother level 😀
Guidelines for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show a photo of your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let your nominees know you nominated them. Be sure to provide a link to the post you created in the comment.
So that’s that! I hope you’ll go check out the gals I nominated, and have a blessed week. <3